Friday, 17 November 2006

Eye Lotion

When we decided to get a lighter coloured poodle we knew that tear staining would be a concern. And being a hypochondriac doggie parent I consulted the vet, she said that it's purely an aesthetic issue rather then a health concern, so we left it there thinking it wouldn't bother us. Plus it 'contours' her face, adding depth and character.

Then, a couple months ago, Brie finally made her first poodle friend. This was a huge joy for me (I'm convinced that she has an identity crisis) and her friend's parents use an eye lotion to get rid of those tear stains. It was working well for her so I thought I'd give it a shot.

Who knew there were so many products out there for removing tear stains. There are the cotton bud type, the cotton pad type which are pre-soaked in lotion which seemed useful but a bit over priced, and the bottled lotion type which all looked the same. As I was weighing up the pros and cons of each product and having an indecisive pondering session, my husband decided to speed up the process by picking one that sad "Treats and controls tear staining in POODLES and other breeds" purely because it mentioned poodles. The product was "Bright eye- EYE LOTION- for cats and dogs" for $7.50.

After the first couple of uses we weren't sure it was working, but after a week or so the stained area seemed to lighten up. This doesn't mean its completely gone but its definitely a lot better then before (I think).

No comments:

 
Pets Blogs - Blog Top Sites