Thursday, 23 November 2006

Brushing teeth.

Another doggie teeth issue, keeping those teeth clean so they don't get cavities. As Brie has just acquired her new adult teeth we want to keep them clean, and also by keeping her teeth clean it gives her fresh breath (so I heard). I decide to go to the pet store to buy her tooth paste, in I go and asking for dog toothbrush and dog toothpaste, I get a puzzled gaze with a hint of a crazy woman look from the shop assistant. Since I did my research I knew such a thing existed, so despite the ignorance of this shop assistance I kindly explained and off he went to find another shop assistant. She was very helpful and explained that dogs love the poultry flavoured toothpaste. Poultry flavour??? Does that mean chicken flavour? Hmmm that sounded OK and I gave it a sniff thinking it would probably smell like chicken chips. Well it just wasn't. It smelled like yeasty chicken oxo gone bad, and since Brie likes stinky stuff I figured this will do. Unfortunately they didn't sell a toothbrush there so we picked one from the vet and we had a try. The doggie tooth brush type that was rated easy to use on web was the finger toothbrush type.

Although keeping it playful and fun to make her like her teeth being brushed, the result was more licking off the toothpaste and less brushing the teeth. My husband is in charge of this duty, and Brie now gets excited when he puts on the toothbrush and she waits for it sitting down, she is slowly getting used to the side of her canines being brushed, but she still licks the toothpaste off afterwards. And as for the fresh breath, well it's full of a rich poultry aroma. She is currently waiting for a recruiting agent to contact her to get into a toothpaste ad for dogs.

No comments:

 
Pets Blogs - Blog Top Sites