Wednesday, 22 November 2006

Bi-Canined Dog

There are so many products out there to make the life of puppy's and their owners a little bit easier during teething, but what Brie has is TOO MANY TEETH at one time. When her adult teeth starting to come out and replace the baby teeth I was thinking "oh Brie is going up so fast" with some tears in my eyes. But then the adult canines came through, but baby canines seemed to just stay put. She spent a good two months being an eight canined dog. She had a little bit of a problem getting food stuck between two canines, as well as shock you get when she yawns exposing eight canines.

So I did what any hypochondriac parent would do - consult a vet. And she recommended to wait a while because they may come out by them self, or if it doesn't they have to removed them. As I'm not a big fan of the dentist, I figured I'd go with first option. So we decided to wait a month, then two, thinking that we may need to get them pulled out. However, a couple days later, my husband spotted her chewing something small, and despite Brie's lack of co-operation he got it off her and there it was, her FIRST baby canine. I was so ecstatic that I decided to congratulate Brie and even thought she had no clue what she did right, she demanded a treat as she got praised. I was so sure this would open the flood gates, but despite my hopes the next one came out month later, then another a month later again. Yes she still has one more to go, but I guess the thought of having one canine pulled out is lot less scary then four. Despite my concerns Brie is having a lazy day today.

No comments:

 
Pets Blogs - Blog Top Sites