Monday, 20 November 2006

Brie and Tube

There is nothing that Brie likes more then a tube, yes a tube, rolled up cardboard that resembles a hollow cylinder, she loves tubes. Empty glad wrap tubes, toilet roll paper tubes, fax paper tubes, tubes of any size, she isn't picky when it comes to sizes. The other day I was cleaning up wrapping paper looking for any left over Xmas wrapping paper I can use from last year. I must say Xmas wrapping paper is a huge scam as it's wrapping paper that can only be used for one festive event. But I always end up buying several since you don't want all the presents to look same in the same wrapping paper.
Anyway, as my husband is the kind of person who put the empty ketchup bottle back in the fridge, there were empty wrapping paper rolls with the other paper. As soon as Brie spotted this over one meter tube, she was jumping up in joy with stars in her eyes knowing that she is entitled to get this tube.

So ignorant me decided to give Brie the tube thinking she will not be able to carry it around and will probably just get bored with it. I could not be any more wrong. She decided to drag it around the house banging it on walls and doors and anything else came in her and the tube's way. Just because her new toy is over sized doesn't mean it stops Brie from going about her daily activities. If I sat and watched TV on the couch she would chew it on my lap, while the other end obstructs my view or worse, banging it on me. Luckily now this tube is half the original size due to Brie's doing. I am scripting a plan right now as to how I'm going to smuggle out the empty tubes post Xmas without Brie spotting and repeating this mayhem.

No comments:

 
Pets Blogs - Blog Top Sites